Unexpected Liberation

 
Friday, March 25, 2005

A Politically Correct Spring Weekend of Celebration...or not

When I was a little girl we would go to church on Easter Sunday dressed in our finest attire and then suffer through my mother’s attempt to bake a ham. Later in the day we would take decorated baskets and hunt for brightly colored Easter eggs in a field with our friends.

My parents always gave me a duckling to raise over the summer that would find a home at a local farm in the fall. My older sister always chose a baby chick.

Of course, we know better than that these days.


Now we observe Resurrection Sunday, take our age challenged family members to the mall for a picture with the Garden Bunny or perhaps on a raped chicken bi-product hunt.

Now baskets come pre-packed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Even the chicks have a new attitude…

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


However you choose to celebrate (or not) (or are allowed to celebrate in your community) I wish you a happy and healthy holiday/regular weekend!

Personal tip: If the weather forces you to have an indoor raped chicken bi-product hunt and the house begins to reek after a few days…look in the shoe box under the bottom bunk.

For the rest of you…Happy Easter!

Vic set it free at 10:33 AM

|

template © elementopia | image © istockphoto

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Boston Dental

Who Links Here

Fish Out Of Water

Blog Pond
Previous Posts
Fish Food
My Other Ponds
I'm hooked
Worthwhile
Blogatory to:
Fishanality
Archives